To celebrate the first anniversary of BlogIONIK we prepared a special quiz for you. It consists of 10 questions which are based on the content of our articles posted in the last year.
- Write down your answers and send them on this e-mail: email@example.com with the subject: Quiz
- Some questions have multiple choice answers, others require your own answer.
- Participants who answer all questions correctly and completely, have the chance to get a reward package (which remains a surprise until it’s delivered) from us.
Terms and Conditions:
- The quiz is open till 31.08.2016 – 23:59h.
- The draw of the winners will happen during 1st and 2nd September.
- The winners will get an information mail with further details, so we can send your rewards to you. (Of course, we won’t share any your data.)
- There is no right of appeal.
1. What does BlogIONIK mean?
- B multiplied with logarithm of ionic
- Log in to bionics
- Blog about bionics/ biomimetics
2. Who are the authors of BlogIONIK?
- Random people interested in biomimetics
- Good friends and former master students of Bionik/ Biomimetics in Energy Systems
- Some guys believing that people are actually reading their articles
3. Which animals inspired Jan for his water turbine model and why?
4. Why can the albatross spend weeks at sea without returning to the land?
- Because it is using the kinetic energy of the wind and potential energy of its flight (dynamic soaring)
- Because it is flapping its big wings with a high frequency
- Because it only flies with strong wind in one direction
5. What is the description of “Baubotanik”?
6. What are the main principles of natural material flows?
- Use of available resources, energy optimization, accumulation of waste
- Recycling, use of few raw substances, balance and self-regulation
- Ambient temperature processing of materials, non-degradability
7. What is tensegrity?
8. How can a banana’s leaf inspire automobile industry?
- Cars could be made out of cellulose
- A very stiff structure of the leaf could inspire bullet-proof cars
- Multi-functionality of the leaf could inspire the design of a shock absorbing chassis
9. Can plants condensate water via electrostatics? If YES/NO, why?
10. Which natural mechanism served as an inspiration of the development of dye-sensitized solar cells?
- Water evaporation
- Electrostatic charging
- Latent heat cooling
Hopefully the questions are not too difficult. If you need some help, you can always contact us. We will be glad to answer.
Your BlogIONIK team.